International Journal of Gender and Development Issues is the official publication of the Institute for Women, Gender and Development Studies, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria and is sponsored by Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund).
The maiden edition of the International Journal of Gender and Development Issues is the outcome of the first international conference on Gender, Education and Globalization organized from 21st to 24th October, 2013 by the Institute for Women, Gender and Development Studies, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria. Numerous papers were presented at the conference. However, after rigorous double blind peer review, papers that met the standards of the Journal were published in this maiden edition.
This Journal has become very necessary because of the need to appropriately address women, gender and development issues in the context of a globalized world. The Journal will be a medium for knowledge dissemination for the CWGDS, individuals, national and international organizations involved in women, gender and development studies. The Journal which will be published biannually will provide a global platform for knowledge sharing for 21st century educators at all levels, policy makers, scientists, professionals, the political class and entrepreneurs, among others.
Original and well researched studies in the multidisciplinary area of women, gender and development studies from individuals or groups within or outside the formal educational system shall be published in subsequent editions of this Journal. Also to be published are case studies, commentaries and review articles on contemporary issues that transcend national boundaries. Read more about IWoGDS
International Journal of Gender and Development Issues (IJGDI) is an English Language peer-reviewed journal that publishes high quality articles in all areas related to gender – particularly environment, agriculture, education, health, society and group dynamics, peace and conflict resolution, entrepreneurship, sustainable development.
Papers which have already been published in other journals or which are currently under consideration by other journals should not be submitted. Similarly, papers published here should not be submitted to other journals. Personal views expressed by contributors in their articles are not necessarily those of the International Journal of Gender and Development Issues or the Institute for Women, Gender and Development Studies, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria.
- Manuscript intended for submission to the Editorial Board of CWGDS must be original work, clearly presented in good English (American or British usage but not a combination of the two), and not under consideration elsewhere, and if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in the same form including electronically without the written consent of the copyright-holder.
- Text should be typed on A4 sized paper using New Times Roman font size12; only on one side with double line spacing and should not exceed 20 pages, including the title, author's information, tables, figures, references and appendices.
- The cover page should contain the title of the article, the author(s) name(s) academic affiliations, mailing address, e-mail and telephone number(s).
- There must be an abstract of not more than 200 words, typed in single line spacing on a separate sheet, immediately followed by key words of not more than 8 words.
- The article should be properly organized to facilitate peer review. For empirical studies, the ideas should be organized under the following sub-headings: Introduction, The Problem, Objectives, Methodology, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, Recommendations and References.
- Uncommon abbreviations should be avoided, but if necessary, should be explained at their first use.
- Figures and Tables must be numbered in Hindu-Arabic numerals (i.e. 1, 2, 3,..) with short titles and should not flow over to the next page.
- All references cited in the text must be in the reference list and vice versa and should be in line with the APA Fifth Edition. Click here to see APA Fifth Edition reference examples
- Label appendixes (e.g. Appendix A, Appendix B) and ensure that each appendix has a substantive title.
- For web references, the full URL should be provided and the date when the reference was last accessed. Additional information such as Digital Object Identifier (DOI), author names, dates, reference to a source publication, etc.), should be provided. Furthermore, web references may be listed separately after the reference list or may be included in the reference list.
- Quotations that are more than 40 words should be indented ½ inch margin to both the left and right while passages that are less than 40 words should not be indented. In both cases, the page number should be clearly provided.
- Submit your manuscript online with a vetting fee of four thousand naira (N4000.00) or fifty dollars ($50.00).
- The publisher and Editors regret that submissions that fail to satisfy the above stated conditions will not be accepted.
- When an accepted article is returned for corrections, the corrected article should be sent to the Editor-in-Chief within 48 hours.
- Proof reading is the author's responsibility. Please ensure that the corrected work has been “spell-checked and grammar-checked”.
Already have a Username/Password for International Journal of Gender and Development Issues?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.